news & press
- hospitality career open day - Matrics, kickstart your career in the hotel industry by attending our hospitality career open day: 2 Jul 2016 from 10am to 3pm.
- Preparing your garden for winter 2016 - Our team is working hard to get the garden ready for winter. Here our horticulturalist Bruce Nutman gives his top tips on preparing your greenery for the chilly season
- business special - Corporate travellers - stay in our Courtyard Deluxe room, set in the quiet green of our tree-ferned garden, among fountains and canals. The perfect place to unwind after a busy day.
- early dinner special - Join us for an Early bird special served in the Garden Lounge from Monday to Friday between 4 -7pm.
Wonderful, world-class hotel
Everything about this hotel is stunning! The location is perfect, the rooms were super comfortable, the staff are great, the location is superb, the setting is out of this world and the food is delicious! It also has a great vibe in the evenings!
– Georgina S, Johannesburg (5/8/16)
Beautiful oasis in the city’s nicest suburb
This hotel is fantastic. Amazing lush grounds, great rooms, very professional service and a beautiful breakfast room. Plus a high-quality coffee bar in the lobby. Loved our stay.
– johngibsoncanada , Calgary, Canada (5/15/16)
The garden suite was lovely and spacious. Breakfast on the terrace overlooking the gardens and the mountain is just spectacular! Breakfast was fabulous. Location couldn’t be better for restaurants and shopping. Their restaurant Myoga is simply outstanding. Will definitely be back.
– Jenny, United Arab Emirates (5/16/16)
Wonderful Stay, Thanks Vineyard
Good: Enjoyed the comfort and location of the hotel. The gardens are a pleasure for both us and a great distraction for our 15 month old. The staff are really excellent and they’re always willing to assist. We’re going back.
– Derek, South Africa (5/5/16)
Absolutely loved the hotel, especially the gym area and indoor pool. Room service was outstanding and service fantastic.
– Terence, South Africa (4/24/16)
Amazing hotel. The backdrop is beautiful. Food in all restaurants is super. Loved the two tortoises that roam the grounds. Staff could not be more helpful and friendly. Close to a good shopping mall. Short drive into central Cape Town. Will be returning for another visit.
– Linda S, Barnet (4/26/16)
Old Colonial Feel
This was our second visit to The Vineyard, the first being some 23 years ago. The hotel has lost none of its charm and although it has been extended and altered over the years, everything has been done in keeping with the original building. There are extensive gardens in which to explore and even on a wet day we found plenty to keep us occupied. The service is superb as is the food, and one of the highlights for us was to sit in the bar each evening with a gin and tonic and soak up the atmosphere and imagine the building as it was in years gone by.
– Margaret C, Lincoln, United Kingdom (4/24/16)
Out of this world
I love coming back to this hotel as it has a surprise for me every time. The hotel has a great travel dept which can pick you up from the airport cheaper than a regular taxi. The food is out of this world and the wine list is world class. The views every morning when you wake up are to die for. You can see how much work the management and staff put into this hotel as it just pours out class. Will be back later in the year for sure.
– Woody8276 , Cork, Ireland (4/16/16)
Friendly service, delicious food, reasonable prices, lush environment, and great facilities. Overall, amazing experience. We will stay there again.
– Vicky , Stevenson Ranch, Ca (3/23/16)
Cape Town, Table Mountain, Kirstenbosch Gardens, Victoria Waterfront and Vineyard Hotel!!
The location, the style, the service, the gardens, the vista, the history, the facilities, the staff, the ambience, everything, we simply loved it. I’m 60 and male and I had my two sons with me, one 29 and the other 24. They enjoyed the gym, pool, food and cold beers. The owners and staff should be proud of maintaining the legacy, well done.
– Max , New Zealand (4/18/16)
Modern Colonial classic
Regular visitors to Cape Town -this truly is our favourite hotel in the region (with many fine hotels). Fantastic location, the grounds make every evening a pleasure. The food alone is worth the trip – try all the restaurants if you get chance. Yet it has all mod cons of a great pool, gym, and a day by the poolside bar looking up at Table Mountain is definitely not to be missed. It’s the ambience and service that keeps us coming back.
– Nigel W, Cheshire, United Kingdom (4/19/16)