The Petousis Hotel Group including the Vineyard, Oude Werf and Townhouse hotels, continue to carefully monitor recent developments and updates on the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). The safety and well-being of all who use our hotels guides our actions and is always our main priority. We are actively monitoring and following all the global, national and local recommendations regarding precautions to be taken and are taking all possible steps to help keep our communities safe.
As we all adjust to the new precautions, we wish to share some of the pre-emptive actions we are taking:
Guests and staff safety
We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene in our hotels. In response to the coronavirus and the safety of our community, we have taken additional measures to align with recommendations from global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and NICD) to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- Our hotel teams continue to receive enhanced COVID-19 awareness training and regular hygiene and safety briefings.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting our public areas and high touch points (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, surfaces etc.) using advanced cleaning products that are effective against viruses.
- The same attention is paid to the back-of-house areas, including staff entrances, lockers, the laundry and offices.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service to align with ongoing updates and recommendations for food safety.
- We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers throughout the hotel and public areas.
Given the evolving global uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 virus, we want to offer our guests stress-free flexibility during this challenging time. All guests with reservations who need to change or cancel their booking may do so at no charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival.
Sharing advice to stay healthy
We’re reminding everyone to follow the guidance from public health authorities, which are protective against the coronavirus:
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds – when you can’t wash your hands, use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Implement contactless greetings – wave, nod, fist pump instead of shaking hands
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick – keep a distance of 1.5 metres.
- If you have a fever, dry cough and difficulty breathing, please seek medical care early.
For the latest information, please find alerts and updates here: