New COVID-19 hotel procedures
As we re-open our hotel doors to welcome visitors, you can expect to see evolved COVID-19 procedures in every area of the hotel.
- On arrival:You will be asked to sanitise hands, shoes and luggage before proceeding to the reception desk.
- Reception:Reduced contact at check-in, touchless transactions, front desk screens, hand sanitiser stations, sanitised registration and key-cards, paperless check-out, temperature check and health questionnaire on arrival and throughout stay.
- Guest Rooms:Visible verification of sanitised items (e.g. glassware, remote control), reduction of in-room furnishings/high-touch items, new laundry protocols, cleaning and disinfection procedures displayed in each room, advanced cleaning products effective against viruses are used to deep clean guest rooms before check-in, during the stay if requested, and after departure using vapour mist disinfection foggers. De-cluttering and removal of unnecessary in-room items (e.g. scatter cushions/throws).
- Public Areas:Social distancing and the wearing of masks observed in all public areas and when interacting with staff. Increased frequency and deep cleaning of high-touch surfaces, ‘last cleaned’ charts displayed, hand sanitisers available in all public areas.
- Food & Beverage:New standards and service approach to room service and catering including the removal of buffets.
- Staff: Enhanced COVID-19 awareness training and comprehensive hygiene and prevention training programs for all team members. Careful attention to back-of-house areas, including staff entrances, lockers, laundry and offices. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (i.e. masks, visors and gloves) for all staff as appropriate including housekeeping and kitchen team members.
- Hand sanitiser: Dispensers — touchless whenever possible — placed at all guest and employee entrances, and in other contact and public areas throughout the hotel.
- Front-of-house signage: Health and hygiene reminders including reminders to socially distance and wear masks.
- Non-resident guests: Please make prior arrangement with the hotel for any non-staying guest visits.
While the travel environment is changing and our service offering will be different to comply with the Disaster Management Act, we want to assure you that our commitment to making your stay as comfortable as possible remains the same.
New Pre-Arrival, Arrival and Check-In procedures
To help us manage your expectations, once you have booked a stay with us, you can expect to receive a request from our reservations team asking for the following pre-arrival information. We need this before you arrive to help us ensure your check-in is handled safely and efficiently.
- Full name and surname
- Physical address
- E-mail address – work and personal
- Cellphone Number/Business number
- Copy of Identity Document/Passport
- Emergency contact details
- Estimated time of arrival
- Letter/proof of permitted business travel if travelling from another Province
- Dietary Requirements, if any. i.e. Kosher, Vegan, Vegetarian, Halaal, Gluten-free, etc
- Minibar requirements. Stocked or not stocked (Non-alcoholic drinks only allowed under current Level 3 restrictions)
- Prepayment is required before you arrive at the hotel. Payment can be made via our payment portal by credit card using the link provided Alternatively, please pay directly into our bank account using the banking details provided at the bottom of the proforma invoice
On arrival at our hotel, the following procedure will help prepare you for our new arrival protocols.
- Security personnel will assist you with sanitising your shoes;
- Your temperature will be taken and recorded;
- Your hands will be sanitised, and your luggage will be sanitised;
- Once this is complete, you will proceed to check-in at the reception desk;
- Please note that all persons entering the premises are required to wear a face mask.
As we will have received most of the information required to check you in before your arrival, we are confident that the process of checking you in will be efficient so you can make your way to your room without delay. On your arrival, you will be required to:
- Submit any additional information needed regarding your stay
- Sign the registration card and collect your room key – both of which will be sanitised
Given the ongoing and evolving global uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 virus, we are offering our guests stress-free flexibility during this challenging time. All guests with reservations who need to change or cancel their booking may do so at no charge up to 24 hours before arrival.
Meetings and Events
- Seating capacities spaced at a minimum of 1.5M apart
- Tables are set with hand sanitiser, bottled water, sealed nuts or sweets
- Stationary available on request
- Individually wrapped and portioned food items
- Temperature screening on arrival
- Venues are sanitised throughout the day
- Venues are re-set and sanitised each evening
- Delegates and employees are required to wear face masks except when drinking or eating
- Menus and service has been adjusted to our health and safety protocols and Government regulations
For the latest information on COVID-19 in South Africa, please find alerts and updates here: https://sacoronavirus.co.za/