COVID-19 hotel procedures
The Vineyard is a family-owned hotel and our commitment to caring for our guests has been further strengthened by the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. We have spared no effort to ensure all the necessary safety systems and processes in place.
You can expect to see evolved COVID-19 procedures in every area of the hotel.
9 things you can do (and what we’re doing for you)
- Keep your distance
Social distancing is a must – you’ll see signs around the hotel to remind you to space out in all public areas and when interacting with staff. To help, we’ve limited the capacity of our Lounge and restaurants – remember to book your seat as queuing is a no-no. Please dial 9. Please note that for breakfast, you are required to pre-book your time, please inform reception or dial 9. Please make prior arrangements with the hotel for any non-staying guest visits. All visitors to the hotel will be required to complete the health check, wear masks and social distance. Don’t sweat the small stuff! If you want a workout in the gym, please book for that too. Please dial 9 (remember to sanitise equipment after use – it’s the right thing to do!)
Enjoy the wide open spaces in our garden – there are beautiful nooks and hidden seating spots to enjoy with a book, birdwatch or dream… Our pool limits are five in the indoor pool and 26 in the outdoor one. Relax, lie back and enjoy your lounger – they’ve been placed in twos, 2 metres apart.
- Avoid close-ups
To limit close contact, we recommend self-parking and carrying your own luggage. Should you need assistance with your luggage, it will be sanitised.
- Don’t touch!
Contact at check-in has been reduced through touchless transactions, front desk screens and paperless check-out. Your registration and key cards are sanitised for your protection. We have increased the frequency and deep cleaning of high touch surfaces, and these actions are recorded. You will also notice a reduction of in-room high-touch items and furnishings, such as scatter cushions and throws. Your mini-bar will remain empty during the Covid-19 pandemic (Adjusted Level 3). Guest laundry washing is available, and you will find ironing facilities in your room. To minimise contact, housekeeping and laundry services have been limited – there is no dry-cleaning or ironing service. And for now, there is no turndown and no linen change for stays of less than 3 days.
- Set a record
When you enter the hotel you will be asked to sanitise your hands, wear your mask, have your temperature taken and complete a health check. We are required by law to retain these records.
- Get behind the mask
It’s your first line of defence, so don’t leave your room without it. We take this seriously and a mask covering nose and mouth is a condition of admittance to The Vineyard. We supply our team with disposable masks to ensure that they have fresh and safe masks every day.
- Enjoy our service
Buffets and self-service are not part of the “new normal” – we look forward to serving you in our restaurants:
– At present the Square restaurant is closed but will resume serving breakfast from 14 December – breakfast service will spill out onto the patio to ensure social-distancing rules are observed.
– The Garden Lounge and patio has limited food service but will offer full service from 15 December for lunch and dinner.
– The Restaurant, operating from the old Myoga space, is catering for a la carte breakfast, lunch and dinner at present. From Friday, 18 December, a contemporary dinner menu will be offered; grand afternoon teas will begin on 1 January 2021.
– Splash Café at the pool will offer our sustainable sushi, salad and sandwich/wraps options from 21 December.
– Long Café, next to the hotel entrance, will be open from 11 December with a delicious, new pastry offering and in-house roasted coffees.
Remember to book your seats Please dial Each seating area has a notice displaying the total number of people permitted in that area.
- Be wise – sanitise!
Please use the sanitiser stations throughout the hotel. Dispensers are touchless whenever possible. These are placed at all guest and employee entrances, and in other contact and public areas throughout the hotel. You will find visible verification of sanitised items in your rooms (e.g. remote controls). Advanced cleaning products effective against viruses are used to disinfect guest rooms after guests depart.
- Rest assured
For your safety and our colleagues’ health, we have taken our team through enhanced COVID-19 awareness training and we pay the same attention to the back-of-house areas, including staff entrances, lockers, the laundry and offices. Comprehensive hygiene and prevention-training programmes have been undertaken by all team members. Personal protective equipment (masks, visors and gloves) is available for all staff including housekeeping and kitchen team members.
All staff coming on shift undergo daily health checks and temperature monitoring.
New Pre-Arrival, Arrival and Check-In procedures
To help us manage your expectations, once you have booked a stay with us, you can expect to receive a request from our reservations team asking for the following pre-arrival information. We need this before you arrive to help us ensure your check-in is handled safely and efficiently.
- Full name and surname
- Physical address
- E-mail address – work and personal
- Cellphone Number/Business number
- Copy of Identity Document/Passport
- Emergency contact details
- Estimated time of arrival
- Dietary Requirements, if any. i.e. Kosher, Vegan, Vegetarian, Halaal, Gluten-free, etc
- Minibar requirements.Stocked or not stocked
- Prepayment is required before you arrive at the hotel. Payment can be made via our payment portal by credit card using the link provided Alternatively, please pay directly into our bank account using the banking details provided at the bottom of the proforma invoice
On arrival at our hotel, the following procedure will help prepare you for our new arrival protocols.
- Your temperature will be taken and recorded;
- Please note that all persons entering the premises are required to wear a face mask.
As we will have received most of the information required to check you in before your arrival, we are confident that the process of checking you in will be efficient so you can make your way to your room without delay. On your arrival, you will be required to:
- Sign the registration card and collect your room key – both of which will be sanitised
Given the ongoing and evolving global uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 virus, we are offering our guests stress-free flexibility during this challenging time. All guests with reservations who need to change or cancel their booking may do so at no charge up to 24 hours before arrival.
Meetings and Events
- Seating capacities spaced at a minimum of 1.5M apart
- Tables are set with hand sanitiser, bottled water, sealed nuts or sweets
- Stationary available on request
- Individually wrapped and portioned food items
- Temperature screening on arrival
- Venues are sanitised throughout the day
- Venues are re-set and sanitised each evening
- Delegates and employees are required to wear face masks except when drinking or eating
- Menus and service has been adjusted to our health and safety protocols and Government regulations
For the latest information on COVID-19 in South Africa, please find alerts and updates here: https://sacoronavirus.co.za/