COVID-19 hotel procedures
You can expect to see evolved COVID-19 procedures in every area of the hotel.
- Arrival at the Hotel: No valet service will be provided, and self-parking is recommended. Should you need assistance with your luggage, items will be sanitised. On entry to the hotel you will be asked to sanitise your hands, wear your mask, have your temperature taken and complete a health check.
- Reception: Reduced contact at check-in, touchless transactions, front desk screens, sanitiser stations, sanitised registration and key-cards, paperless check-out, temperature check on arrival.
- Guest Rooms: Visible verification of sanitised items (e.g. remote control) reduction of in-room furnishings/high-touch items, new laundry protocols, advanced cleaning products effective against viruses and these are used to disinfect guest rooms after guests depart. Decluttering of room by removing unnecessary items such a scatter cushions and throws.
- Housekeeping: Limited housekeeping and laundry services available at this time i.e. no turndown, no linen change for stays less than 3 days, guest laundry washing available (no ironing of clothes by hotel staff – ironing facilities available in the room), no dry-cleaning service.
- Mini-Bars. Our Mini-bars in all our rooms are not stocked during the COVID-19 pandemic and remain empty. However, items for the mini bar is readily available by dialling 9, should the need arise
- Public Spaces and Facilities: Social distancing and the wearing of masks observed in all public areas and when interacting with staff. Increased frequency and deep cleaning of high touch surfaces, and actions are recorded. Hand sanitisers will be available in all public areas.
- Pool Area: Both indoor heated and outdoor cold pools are open for use. The indoor pool is limited 5 people in the pool and the outdoor pool to 50% with social distancing in place in the pool (26 people). Loungers will be placed in twos, 2 meters apart. Guests will be required to social distance.
- Gym: The use of the gym area must be pre booked at reception to ensure compliance with the numbers we can accommodate. Guests are required to ensure sanitization of equipment after use.
- Food & Beverage: New standards and service approach to room service and catering with the required removal of buffets. At present the Square is closed, the Garden Lounge is offering limited food service and the Restaurant, operating from the old Myoga space is catering for breakfast (a la carte), lunch and dinner. All Lounge and Restaurant seats are required to be booked to be able to manage with in the COVID regulations. Each seating area has a notice displayed of the total number of people permitted in that area. The service in Food and Beverage will evolve along with the changes in the COVID regulations.
- Staff: For the safety of our guests and our colleagues’ health, we have taken our team through enhanced COVID-19 awareness training and we pay the same attention to the back-of-house areas, including staff entrances, lockers, the laundry and offices. Comprehensive hygiene and prevention training programs for team members. Personal protective equipment (masks, visors and gloves where appropriate) for all staff including housekeeping and kitchen team members.
- Hand sanitiser: Dispensers — touchless whenever possible — will be placed at all guest and employee entrances, and in other contact and public areas throughout the hotel.
- Front-of-house signage. Health and hygiene reminders will be placed throughout, including reminders to socially distance and wear masks.
- Visitors. You are asked to please make prior arrangement with the hotel for any non-staying guest visits. All visitors to the hotel will be required to complete the health check, wear masks and practice social distancing.
While the travel environment is changing and our service offering will be different to comply with the Disaster Management Act, we want to assure you that our commitment to making your stay as comfortable as possible remains the same.
New Pre-Arrival, Arrival and Check-In procedures
To help us manage your expectations, once you have booked a stay with us, you can expect to receive a request from our reservations team asking for the following pre-arrival information. We need this before you arrive to help us ensure your check-in is handled safely and efficiently.
- Full name and surname
- Physical address
- E-mail address – work and personal
- Cellphone Number/Business number
- Copy of Identity Document/Passport
- Emergency contact details
- Estimated time of arrival
- Dietary Requirements, if any. i.e. Kosher, Vegan, Vegetarian, Halaal, Gluten-free, etc
- Minibar requirements.Stocked or not stocked
- Prepayment is required before you arrive at the hotel. Payment can be made via our payment portal by credit card using the link provided Alternatively, please pay directly into our bank account using the banking details provided at the bottom of the proforma invoice
On arrival at our hotel, the following procedure will help prepare you for our new arrival protocols.
- Your temperature will be taken and recorded;
- Please note that all persons entering the premises are required to wear a face mask.
As we will have received most of the information required to check you in before your arrival, we are confident that the process of checking you in will be efficient so you can make your way to your room without delay. On your arrival, you will be required to:
- Sign the registration card and collect your room key – both of which will be sanitised
Given the ongoing and evolving global uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 virus, we are offering our guests stress-free flexibility during this challenging time. All guests with reservations who need to change or cancel their booking may do so at no charge up to 24 hours before arrival.
Meetings and Events
- Seating capacities spaced at a minimum of 1.5M apart
- Tables are set with hand sanitiser, bottled water, sealed nuts or sweets
- Stationary available on request
- Individually wrapped and portioned food items
- Temperature screening on arrival
- Venues are sanitised throughout the day
- Venues are re-set and sanitised each evening
- Delegates and employees are required to wear face masks except when drinking or eating
- Menus and service has been adjusted to our health and safety protocols and Government regulations
For the latest information on COVID-19 in South Africa, please find alerts and updates here: https://sacoronavirus.co.za/