Renowned British chef Roger Jones, whose The Harrow restaurant has been awarded a Michelin star every year since 2006, will again be preparing and hosting exclusive wine-paired dinners at The Vineyard early in 2018. Booking for these events is essential. Get the full Vineyard experience and stay over in one of our luxury guest rooms! See our accommodation packages below. Who is Roger Jones? Learn more here.
International Wine Challenge Dinner
5 January 2018, R 1095 per person
The International Wine Challenge Dinner pits wines from South Africa against wines from the rest of the world (countries include France, Greece, California, Australia, Germany). Each of the six-courses comprising this banquet will be served with an unidentified SA wine, which will be tasted against wines of the same cultivar from another region. Diners indicate their preference after each course, and votes are totalled to determine the winner at the end of the evening.
book (dinner only)
See accommodation packages below.
Roger Jones Dinner
9 January 2018, R 725 per person
This takes the form of an intimate dinner with Roger and the winemakers of the South African wines he has chosen to complement a six-course menu. Roger will discuss the nuances of each wine with the winemakers as well as their personal wine-making philosophy. Seats are extremely limited for this dinner.
Get the full Vineyard experience. Fine-dining and luxury accommodation. Go on, spoil yourself!
The package includes the Roger Jones event of your choice, accommodation at The Vineyard and full English breakfast, 14% VAT and 1% Tourism Levy.
International Wine Challenge Dinner Packages (rates per double)
From R5 220 per night in a Courtyard room
From R5 570 per night in a Courtyard Deluxe room
From R5 920 per night in a Mountain room
From R6 270 per night in a Mountain Deluxe room
From R7 370 per night in a Junior Suite
Roger Jones Dinner Packages (rates per double)
From R4 480 per night in a Courtyard room
From R4 830 per night in a Courtyard Deluxe room
From R5 180 per night in a Mountain room
From R5 530 per night in a Mountain Deluxe room
From R6 630 per night in a Junior Suite
Terms and conditions:
– Rates quoted are per double room, per night and applicable to new reservations and individual travellers. Single rates and child rates available.
– The package excludes gratuities, meals and drinks not mentioned above. Rates quoted are only available for the nights of the Roger Jones events listed here.
– Rates are subject to room and rate availability at the time of booking
– This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
– Full non-refundable payment at the time of booking is required to guarantee this reservation.
– Amendments and/or cancellations may be subject to full (100%) cancellation fees being charged.
– Non-arrivals are subject to full (100%) no-show fees being charged.
Who is Roger Jones?
At 21, Roger Jones was the youngest of Queen Elizabeth’s head chefs to run State banquets at Buckingham Palace. He would later take over and transform The Harrow at Little Bedwyn into one of Europe’s finest restaurants. Jones is also a respected wine writer and judge. A few years ago, this regular visitor to The Vineyard agreed to share his passion and knowledge with other Vineyard patrons by collaborating annually with the hotel’s Executive Chef Carl van Rooyen on highly anticipated wine-paired dinners.